The Director of the Schizophrenia Clinic is Dr G Prasad Rao
Dr. Gundugurti Prasad Rao M.D. D.P.M.
Director, Division of Schizophrenia and Psychopharmacology
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) in 1st class from S.V. University in August 1980
- Passed Diploma in Psychological Medicine from “National Institute of Mental Health And Neuro Sciences”, Bangalore in August, 1983 - 1st Class
- Passed M.D. (Doctor of Medicine) in Psychiatry from “Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research” Chandigarh in 1985
Awards in Academics:
1. Won the Best Essay cash award of Rs. 300/- in the Essay Writing Contest for the final M.B.B.S. Students from all over India. Subject: Pleural Effusion conducted by Tuberculosis Association of India in 1979.
2. Yamnuri Aruna Ramulu Prize in Pharmacology - 1979.
3. Chennababu Prize in Forensic Medicine - 1979.
4. Dr. S. Pinakapani Gold Medal in General Medicine - 1980.
5. Bronze Medal in Psychiatry from Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh - 1986.
Most Recent Awards:
Andhra Pradesh State Government Award for Ugadi Punaskarana -2011 - Awarded by Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh.